Saturday, October 8, 2011

Black and Blue Ink

The past few days I have been writing every spare moment I had. First my inspiration was planning on sharing it at a writers gorup this Friday. But then it turned into an idea. I had earlier joked to Erin that for her birthday I would give her my first chapter for free. Well, Erin's birthday came and I decided that I would give her the first chapter.

Though her birthday was Wednesday we decided to celebrate it Thursday after Andrew and I were done with school. That was a blessing. I was at school and during my breaks was writing like a mad thing trying to get it finished for Erin. I finished just in time and slipped the printed copy into her gift bag (but not before the printer ran out of black ink and I had to print half the chapter in blue).

But she read it that very night and gave me a number of helpful ways to improve it - for which I was most thankful. I'll have to edit it one more time before Friday...now I just have to get over my fear of reading it out loud in front of an audience.

1 comment:

  1. :) I'm in the midst of reading/editing it right now! I'll give you the brief critic that its..... GREAT! But the rest you aren't going to get till later :P I like your new blog design by the way, and I'm sure you'll fare wondrously when reading your story on friday!

    ReplyDelete