Thursday, March 31, 2011

Operation First Novel

Right now I am enrolled and am taking a writing course from the Jerry B. Jenkins Christian Writers Guild. A contest they hold annually with Tyndale Publishing House is called Operation First Novel. As a member you submit your first novel and if you win your novel is published by Tyndale and you receive an award of $20,000.

The deadline is in September.

I am so tempted to enter but I shrink at such a daunting task. Could I write a novel in 5 months? You say, "Sure. Why not?"

I reply, "Could I really write my first novel in 5 months? Can I really put out my best work in so short a time?"

I don't know. But that won't stop me from trying. Now just to start and write.

3 comments:

  1. :) Yay I'm so happy for you, that's great news. I hope you can write a novel, and Win! That would be great. I miss you :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you could! And I think you should try it, even if you don't finish. I'll be happy to hear any of your story ideas or to bounce ideas if you want...basically I'm just curious you know :D In the wise words of JRR Tolkein: “It is the job that is never started that takes longest to finish.”

    and,

    ““Remember what Bilbo used to say: It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.””

    What a beautiful place your 5 month novel could take us, no?
    good luck :)

    ReplyDelete